Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tutu Baby Shower Invites

This is a project that I will probably never take on again :)

Perhaps I'd do it again if I wasn't making 30 of them.


These cards were a multi step process.  Because I have the biggest chance of screwing up while using my Silhouette Portrait with a Sharpie in the blade holder, I decided to that first.  I used a pen holder and an ultra fine Sharpie and used them for the writing.  I did 2 per 8.5x11 sheet.  I used pink coverstock and a purplish pink Sharpie.  So that I wouldn't move the positioning of the mat, I had to do the sharpie for one page, then switch to the blade and cut out those 2 cards.


While I had those going through the cutter, I started making my tutus.  To do this, I made 3 layers of tulle and folded them like an accordion.  Then I took a thin thread and tied around the middle. Once they were tied, I fanned out one side of the accordion.  Once the cards were done, I started cutting the leotards out of white card stock.

Once those were done, I used a hot glue gun to attach the tutus to the leotard. Once those dried, I attached the whole outfit to the center of the card. 


No comments:

Post a Comment