Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Ikea Dresser with Mod Podge

This so far is my favorite DIY to date.  It was easy! (took less than an hour) and looks awesome.

Other than the Mod Podge and scissors, everything I used was from Ikea. I used the Hemnes Dresser in black and wrapping paper from Ikea.  


I pulled out each drawer and removed the handles.  I cut a piece of the wrapping paper with a few inches extra on all four sides.

I then painted the face of each drawer with matte finish Mod Podge and laid the paper over and rubbed it down. Because the paper is thin, it got a little wrinkled look which when dried looks leathery.  I used my fingers to push out any large noticeable bubbles, but otherwise I let it wrinkle a bit.  once each drawer dried, I went and Mod Podged the side edges of each drawer and then folded over the sides and then cut off the remaining paper. This I also just smoothed down with my fingers. 

 Once those were dry, I put a coat of Mod Podge over the top of the paper.  After that dried, I found my handle hardware and just poked it through the holes where they were before and screwed them on.


No comments:

Post a Comment